January 10, 2016

2015 Reflection

If someone were to tell me that 2015 was going to be a year like it has been then I would of laughed in their face. Looking back on my 2014 reflection has made me aware of how different this year has been compared to the last. The first half of the year is where I faced most difficulty. Difficulty in almost every aspect of my life, including relationships with people and myself.I learnt so many things in the past year. I've learnt that not everyone I stumble upon is going to like me. I've learnt that it's okay to remove the negative people in my life. I've learnt how to be more confident in myself, how to look at the world from a different perspective by the means of understanding other peoples situations and just connecting with people on a daily basis.

One thing which i'm sure if you've read previous posts of mine, you would know that I'm a big believer of the saying "you are who you surround yourself with". This quote played at the back of my head like a melody every single day for a really long time. I had to reflect a lot on myself and question why I am the way I am. That resulted in me having a say or as my dad says 'being the star of the show' and just removing people from my life. And yes I mean people close to me that were just making me feel so miserable about myself. I just really want whoever is going through a similar situation to know that YOU WILL BE OKAY. I can't even count how many times I thought I was such a horrible person for doing that but I realised that my happiness is so important and in order to learn to love myself, I had to do what I felt was right. That decision I made has allowed me to connect with people who I never thought I'd be close to now and understand other people more.

Another aspect that was a big part of my life was to stop dancing. Dancing for about 11 years or so was amazing and such a fun and memorable part of my life. I love performing and getting that adrenaline rush before going on stage. Earlier this year, I decided it wasn't as enjoyable anymore. That could just be because I did feel quite anxious a lot which kind of made me question the things I love. I would love to do it again, but for some reason team work stresses me out so for now i'm okay with discovering new things I'm passionate about.

Speaking of passionate things, I am now a proud member of the veggie life. On August 2nd, I decided to switch to a Vegan diet. The process happened over the course of a few months when I came across Vegans on You-tube such as Bonny Rebecca, Free-lee the Banana Girl etc. These you-tubers opened up my eyes about something I've never really thought about before. Veganism gave me purpose; I've always wanted to be involved in change for the betterment of society. I've always wanted to make a difference in someones life and it was only until August of 2015 which I connected with the world. Evidently, there are people who don't really understand the lifestyle and I have copt a few invasive comments from relatives and friends but I am only now starting to develop thick skin.

To sum it all up, 2015 was a roller coaster. It was a year where I learnt a lot about myself and one that I'll never forget. I pray that 2016 blesses us all and is a year where we can discover our own happiness. Please always remember, no matter how tough it was, no matter how stressed, anxious or sad you felt, you survived another year and I'm proud of you.

Love always,
Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment