September 29, 2016

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Butter Cream Icing


Baking is something that I hardly ever do. It is so relaxing and enjoyable but I never make the time for it. Now that my birthday is coming up I want to try out different recipes - plant based of course. So, I decided to make a classic chocolate cupcake with butter cream icing. These are delicious and easy to make; I cannot remember the last time I ate a cupcake! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. 

For the chocolate batter:

All purpose flour - 1-1/2 cups
Baking powder - 1 tablespoon
Coconut sugar - 1/2 cup
Raw sugar - 1/2 cup
Cacao powder - 1/4 cup
Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
White vinegar - 1-1/2 tablespoons
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1 cup

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in two separate bowls
3. Combine both the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl
4. Mix on a low speed for one minute, a medium speed for another minute and a high speed for two minutes using a hand mixer or kitchen aid.
5. Line baking tray with cupcake cases
6. Pour batter into cupcake cases - about 2/3 full
7. Place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes

For the butter cream icing:

Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Icing sugar - 2 cups
Dairy free butter - 1 cup
Almond milk - 3 tablespoons
Raw sugar - 1 cup

Steps:

1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl
2. Mix ingredients together using a hand mixer or kitchen aid for about 4-5 minutes (this will make the icing fluffy)
3. Pipe onto cupcakes once cooled
4. (optional) Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top or whatever you desire.

...and finally you can devour! 


Love always,

Sara xo

1 comment:

  1. They looks delicious! I like your blog, wanna follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete