July 22, 2014

Skincare Favourites

Having a good skincare routine can really make a difference to your make up. I have pretty sensitive skin, in the sense that my skin goes bright red when a product doesn't agree with me. I am no "skincare expert",  The knowledge I get is from the products my mum buys on her grocery list. Lucky for me, the products she purchases I find work well on my skin.

The number one rule when it comes to skincare is using products that don't contain lots and lots of ingredients. I like to keep it simple because I have sensitive skin, no toxic chemicals, no fancy scents, just simple products with minimal ingredients in them. Drinking loads of water also has a huge impact. I have been drinking 1-2L of water everyday and within a week my skin has thanked me for it... Now getting on to the fun stuff;


 These are the products I've been loving for a while now. So, I'd thought i'd share them with you.
These products I find work well and don't irritate my skin. 


 Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - My all time favourite cleanser. This is perfect for all skin types and is the perfect every day cleanser. I use this every morning and night. It's soap and fragrance free and removes light makeup. It softens and cleanses my skin and doesn't block pores. 



 St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub - This exfoliator helps prevent blackheads and minimises pores. I use this 1-2 times a week and it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, fresh and clean. It contains salicylic acid which helps with acne and uses  100% natural extracts. This product does have a scent but it doesn't irritate my skin.



Formula 10.06; pores be pure skin, clarifying mud mask - I use this mask once a week or once every 2 week. Normally when I have a pamper evening. I leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes, until it hardens. Then I wash it off and it leaves my skin feeling cleansed and soft. This product also has a berry scent, but it does not irritate my skin.

-      

     Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser - No perfume and perfect for sensitive skin. This moisturiser leaves my skin feeling replenished, soft and hydrated. I apply it every night after my Simple facial toner.

     Simple Soothing Facial Toner - Again no perfume so perfect for sensitive skin. I apply this to a cotton pad and use every night after washing with my cetaphil cleanser. It removes an excess make up or dirt on my face.


 Nivea daily essentials extra gentle eye make up remover - I've repurchased this product twice. It's just your every day eye make up remover. I apply this to a cotton pad, hold for 20-30 seconds, wipe away and my eye make up comes off. I'm not sure how it goes with removing water proof mascara but it removes my waterproof eyeliner.




Swisspers Cucumber Facial Wipes - I usually would go for my Simple facial wipes but I ran out so i've been usuing these instead. These wipes remove makeup from the face, neck and eyes. It leaves the skin refreshed and soft. It's alcohol free and contains aloe vera, cucumber and vitamin E. It gently cleanses without drying out the skin. It doesn't irritate my skin like most facial wipes. 




  Benefit, It’s Potent Eye Cream - First of all how cute is this baby size! I love this eye cream. It's light, moisturising,brightening, effective and hydrating. It's a very smooth consistency and a little but goes a long way. I use this every night and noticed that my eyes aren't as dark anymore. 
   


Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - This product brightens up the face. I apply this before my makeup and it makes me look not so 'dead' and much brighter. I only use this on special occasions or when my skin needs a little life back into it. You can use as this as a facial and it energises and soothes the skin.

So that's it really

Xo




No comments:

Post a Comment