March 01, 2015

Change the way you think; self talk

Our minds are incredible. They control the way we act, speak, think and go about our every day lives. There's only one thing that sucks about the mind. It's the fact that we have to think negatively and have a negative outlook on things. Sometimes we let the mind take control of us and to a point where we stress out over nothing and put ourselves down for it.

However, there are ways in which we can change our unfavourable way of thinking. Self talk is the best way to get where we want to be in life. It's easy and a little confidence boost once in a while is definitely needed in situations where we feel down....

1. Look at the situation from a different perspective: Thinking about something negatively may be different in someone else's eyes. Ask yourself "what would happen if.....?" or "what would they consider?".

2. Recognise your faults: This will allow you to think "how can I improve/change for the better?", "how can I take it that one step further to allow my self to grow?","How can I use my virtues to bring exciting new opportunities?" Recognising your faults and failures will only make you stronger.

3. Set goals: Setting goals is the best way to get to where you want to be. Tell yourself "These are my goals", "How can I achieve them?" "What's the outcome/benefit?". Once you achieve your goals, you'll feel better about yourself. It boosts your confidence!

4. Believe in yourself: If you feel like you can't do something, you feel like giving up or you're scared of the outcome, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! and tell yourself you CAN do it! Don't back away if things might frighten you, don't be afraid to say something and speak aloud. Believe you can. Tell yourself "I can do this!", "I will work for this". If you tell yourself you can't do it, you'll only fail and put yourself down for it. Tell yourself you can even if you think you can't, you'll thank yourself later.

I give up - I'll give it another try

I've never done that before - I'll learn something new


I can't do it - I can if I keep believing


- They're just some of the ways I like to change a negative thought into a positive. Be kind to yourself because at the end of the day, life's too short to think about things that don't matter.


Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment