January 31, 2016

2016 January Favourites ♡


I cannot believe that the first month of 2016 is now over. The thought of it is just crazy although I hope it was good to you! January was a pretty fun month for me; coming to the end of the holiday break isn't so much but I'm excited for what's next.


Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: To start the new year I thought it would be nice to change up my make up look. I really got into wearing quite sultry shades on my eyelids and fell in love. I received a Mecca Maxima voucher for Christmas and decided to buy this palette. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows. They're buttery, easy to blend and cruelty free! Playing around with this for a while I found that these shadows work better with a sticky base, so either a primer or concealer will help with the pigmentation. Other than that, these shades are beautiful. My favourites right now are 'Burnout', 'Nooner' and 'Blackheart'.


Rimmel London Fix & Protect Make Up Primer: I never really got into wearing primers until recently. Primers are used underneath foundation to help it last all day. This one from Rimmel is so good because it allows better application and creates a smooth base. This primer does have SP525 which can be not so great when taking photographs due to flashback, although I wore it to a concert and party and it was fine!


Benefit Girl Meets Pearl: As well as primers, I never was one to wear an illuminator/highlighter on my face. That was because my skin does get quite oily in the t-zone and I already have a glow. However, I found this in my collection, gave it a try and now i'm obsessed. It's a beautiful pearl liquid highlight that I apply either before or after my foundation on the tops of my cheekbones. I apply it with my ring finger or with a beauty sponge. It is so stunning!


NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray: I know I mentioned that I have oily skin but this is amazing. Once this is done i'm going to pick up a matte one to compare the difference. I have really been loving glowy skin for the summer time and I love spraying this on my cheeks, trying to avoid the t-zone. This helps with the lasting affect of my foundation and feels light and comfortable on the skin. If you have dry skin, you'll love this!



E.L.F Daily Brush Cleaner: The one thing I dread doing, is cleaning my make up brushes. We all have to do it but the thought of it kills me! A few times a month I do like to deep clean all my make up brushes, although on the daily basis I like having clean eye brushes as it makes application better. This stuff is great and super easy to use. It works well on smaller make up brushes but not so much foundation brushes. I'd give this a try if you're looking for something quick to use!

Music:
Rise - Selena Gomez
Wake up - The Vamps
I found a girl - The Vamps
Clean - Taylor Swift
UGH! - The 1975
Pillow Talk - Zayn

Food:
I have been obsessing over my Vegan Date & Coconut Truffles. They are so delicious and easy to make with simple raw ingredients.

Book:
Girl Online & Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg. I honestly have had Girl Online sitting in my desk draws for well over a year. and it wasn't recently I decided to read it. I'm the type of person that enjoys reading but never makes time for it. I've always had this problem with visualising text, and I struggle to find books that I can make sense of and really feel and understand the characters. Girl Online had me hooked, I honestly could not put it down! I was feeling every emotion in the story and fell in love with the characters. I finished the whole book in 2 days and that's a record for me because it normally takes months! I just finished reading Girl Online On Tour and i'm so sad. I really want a Noah in my life! (Zoe please bring out book 3)

Memory:
Ending on a high note, I did get to see one of my favourite bands perform; The Vamps. I saw them on the 23rd of January and they were so incredible! It was such a feel good show where everyone was up and dancing, jumping and screaming their lungs out (me). I wish they had sung more songs because I was on a high. Thinking about it makes me miss it even more! The photos aren't the best quality as the lights were a little crazy and I was shaking too much!



They were my favourites from the month on January. It was a real fun month and I'm keen for the next! I hope February is good to you.

Love always,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment