July 29, 2018

A Winter Beauty Survival Kit

I am someone who does love a bit of cosy weather. There is something so lovely about getting rugged up whilst watching a film and sipping on cup of tea. I do love winter; however, for some hell-sent reason, I don't really feel or look my best. My skin starts to feel patchy, my lips are always chapped and my hair becomes dry. Basically, I have been playing around with a bunch of skincare, haircare and body care products that have made me feel somewhat lively during this cold weather and I hope they'd also be of some benefit to you!


To start off with reducing my horrendous dry and patchy skin this winter, I have scoured plenty of facial moisturisers and the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser, has been the perfect day and night saviour to combat dehydrated skin. I have been using this product for years and it never fails to let me down. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream is also really good because it is water based and contains no harsh chemicals so it supports glowing, radiant and healthy skin.


Facial sprays are incredible all year round but are even more handy when the weather is cooler because you can do a quick spritz throughout the day to keep your skin feeling hydrated. I love both these facial sprays; the Mario Badescu Facial Spray contains aloe, herbs and rosewater and truly has boosted and reenergised my skin (also a great make up setting spray). The La Roche-Posay Eau Thermale is simply a spring water that soothes the skin with no added chemicals or ingredients. 


The Skyn Iceland Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels has been a recent discovery that I previously mentioned in a blog post. I have been really starting to take care of my under-eye area and I have noticed a reduction in darkness and puffiness since I have been using them. They are also very cooling and are great at waking up tired eyes.



I have lost count of how many tubes, tubs and pots of lip balm I have gone through this year alone. After trailing so many, Lanolips has definitely been a winner. The 'multipurpose super-balm' in particular, is my favourite because it can be used to moisturise other parts of the body, but works wonders on the lips. It is soothing and has kept my lips feeling soft and hydrated.


The perfect sidekick to go with my Lanolips balm, is this Lush lip scrub. I feel like lip scrubs are under appreciated, but extremely necessary. I love this scrub because (1) it smells of sweet chocolate and (2) it leaves my lips feeling so soft. Removing dead skin is evidently going to make your lips feel so much better and you do not have to go out and purchase one. Simply, mix up a bit of sugar and coconut oil and scrub away! 


An obsession with soft hands has stemmed from my mother, who always carries around tube of hand lotion everywhere she goes. This cold weather has done nothing but ruined my hands; cracks and red bumps just to name a few (my love for winter is slowly fading as the post progresses). This hand cream by QV has been of assistance and I love it. It is a pretty boring moisturiser with no scent or wow factor packaging, however, it is nourishing, hydrating and does the job. To all my dry hand sufferers, get on this!


Hair care is something that I often neglect for some unknown reason. I have bleached and dyed my hair numerous times so I have enjoyed staying simple and using natural coconut oil as a hair mask. I tend to have oily roots so I just concentrate the coconut oil on the ends of my hair for at least once a week. I try to leave the product in for as long as I can before rinsing it out. I have noticed that my hair feels and appears a lot softer since implementing this technique so I would highly recommend trying this out.

I hope at least one person benefits from this post.

Love always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment