July 11, 2018

What I loved in June.

I finally waved goodbye to my first semester of university that ended by completing last minute assignments and sitting a long and boring exam earlier this month. I have enjoyed relaxing in my warm bed whilst munching on salty popcorn and on some nights staying out way past my bed time, sipping a few too many cocktails and devouring plenty of Italian food. My sister got engaged, I worked some exhausting shifts at work and sang happy birthday to friends. I have really understood the importance of surrounding myself with positive and like-minded souls this past month but that's for another post. As always, I have splurged on some new beauty goods and at the same time developed some unusual but exciting habits that I have ranted on about...



The Rimmel London Lasting Finish Breathable foundation has been a part of my everyday make up routine as of recent. I am usually a tinted moisturiser kind of girl but coming into winter, I wanted something with a little more coverage but doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on the skin. This foundation ticked all those boxes; it provides a build-able coverage and has a long lasting power. My favourite part is the doe-foot applicator.


I have revisited the old liquid liner look this winter and I am kind of living for it. The Stila Stay All Day Micro Tip Liquid Eye Liner has made winged liner so easy. If you're an intense cry laugher like me, then I think you'll enjoy this one because it is waterproof and lasts all day. If you're looking for an intense black and sharp liner look then I think you've found your soul mate. 


This is a weird one but colouring books have been introduced into my everyday life this past month. Not sure why, but I have found it very therapeutic and relaxing. Self care is so important to me and I tend to be quite the stressful person, so this has helped keep my mental health at bay. Even just from drawing with a few colourful pens on a blank piece of paper, I have noticed a difference. 

The love and joy of Pride month compelled me to watch Love Simon. I have wanted to watch the film for a while and finally got around to it on one cosy evening and I have been completely obsessed since. It was one of the sweetest and most heart warming movies I have ever seen, exploring so many relevant topics involving the LGBTQ+ community and of course the typical high school drama that I am sure many can relate to.

The Incredibles 2 hit the big screen after fourteen years or something ridiculous. I adored every second of it, especially how relevant the creators made the film. Without spoiling too much, I loved how they highlighted the power of women when Elastigirl takes over and of course seeing infamous Edna Mode back in action. It was nostalgic and brought up some great childhood memories.

Shawn Mendes released his third album that has been on repeat every single day. My favourite songs on the album right now are 'Like To Be You,' 'Lost In Japan' and 'Nervous.' Every lyric is so beautifully written and I cannot get the songs out of my head. Speaking of new albums, 5 Seconds of Summer came out with some absolute tunes that I have enjoyed listening to.

It is exciting, yet daunting that half the year has passed.
A question to you is, have you kept up your new years resolutions? because I haven't quite.
Best wishes for July.

Love always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment