October 25, 2014

Review: Smashbox Full Exposer Palette


Very excited to own the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette! 
I have heard both good and bad views but I thought i'd give it a go myself.

First impression: beautiful, sleek packaging.
I love the classic black and chic look to the palette.


This beauty comes with 14 eye shadows.
7 shimmer and 7 matte


The top row are all shimmer and the bottom row are all matte shades.

Shimmers
[Left to right] : S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7

These shades glide on really nice and have pretty good colour pay off on the eye lids.
I found the best way to get the most colour pay off is to use your fingers or a synthetic, flat top brush.
I'd say they give more of a glittery finish instead of a sheen which is really pretty.


Mattes:

[Left to right]: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7

The mattes swatched really patchy but I promise they're not patchy on the eye lids. I've never been a huge fan of matte eye shadows because I feel like they're boring. These however, are really nice neutral shades for every day wear. The one thing I adore about these shades it the buttery texture. A lot of people say that they're not as pigmented but once you get the top layer off they give a better colour pay off.


Over all opinion

I enjoyed playing around with this palette. My thoughts were pretty high for this palette and I do really like it. I do not like the naming of the shades on the palette because I think it's boring but I do like the sleek packaging, the fact that it has a decent brush with it and the over all look. I prefer the shimmers over the mattes because I think they have a better colour pay off and glide on the lid nicely. I would recommend this if you're on the hunt for a good, universal palette.

Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment