December 30, 2014

2014 Reflection

With only a few days left of 2014, I decided to take time and reflect on what joy the year has brought me. This year was like a roller coaster. There were highs and lows, good and bad, tough yet memorable moments. 2014 to me was full of surprises, from the time I saw Katy Perry in concert to the time I got tickets to One Direction.The time I discovered my true friends to the time I had an alone jam session to Taylor Swift. It defiantly was a year where I learnt a lot of life lessons, some which have made me stronger. I definitely battled with optimistic scenarios this year and it was tough, it really was. However, it made me a lot stronger and made me learn from my mistakes so I can become a better person.

I can't imagine a life where everything is perfectly perfect, where everything goes the right way and where nothing bad stands in front of you. Even though that would be nice, how would you grow knowing that you can't 'be a better person than you were yesterday'. Life to me is all about growing as an individual and becoming stronger and wiser.

My favourite moments of 2014 were being surrounded by friends and family, being apart of the blogilates community, getting a job, starting a blog, reading Divergent, rescuing a kitten, seeing Katy Perry live, watching The Fault In Our Stars, dancing in front of an audience for the first time in ages, getting my first Mac Lipstick, visiting Sephora, buying way too many Lush goodies.... and the list goes on and on.

A highlight of 2014 for me was starting my blog. It's not easy putting your thoughts onto the internet for everyone to see but I can say that it's helped me a lot. I've never been the person to open up about things. I never like telling people about my problems, especially the ones I love because I don't want them to worry. So, it's nice to let my thoughts out, even if I get no reply. Who would of thought that typing on a word document would be therapeutic.

My hopes for 2015 are:
♡ Be modest
♡ Stay forgiving
♡ Smile more
♡ Save money
♡ Worry less
♡ Take more baths
♡ Dance more
♡ Stay away from the negatives
♡ Buy another Mac lipstick *oops*

Despite the horrible days, 2014 was a pretty good year. I can't wait to see what the new year has to offer. May God bless every one of you and I wish you the very best for 2015!

Much love,

Sara

(if you're reading this, you survived 2014, well done, I'm proud of you)

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment