September 09, 2018

What I loved in August.

Another unbelievably quick month flows by, where I freak out over the fact that this year is coming to an end and I need to post a monthly favourites. August was pretty good, besides the usual mental breakdowns over university work and days where everything doesn't go to plan,  I can say that I ate way too many fries, watched some weird movies with my favourite pals and sang the Greatest Showman soundtrack on the swings like a boss.


The Too Faced Natural Eyes Neutral Eyeshadow Palette has been well loved by me these last couple of months. I love and use every one of these shades because they create natural looks that can be transformed from day to night. My favourite shades are 'Cashmere Bunny' blended throughout the crease as well as  'Silk Teddy' and 'Push-Up' dusted across the eye lid. The quality of these shades blend so beautifully. 


Speaking of Too Faced, their Born This Way Setting Powder has changed the game for me - specifically my under eye game. No matter what concealer I use and what powder I set it with, creases form and it makes me look at least eight years older. This powder not only fixes that issue but also brightens up the under eyes. I also like to dust this powder all over my face to set my foundation. 


The Zoella Beauty body mist in 'Botanic Eau' has been my favourite everyday fragrance. This has a subtle floral scent with hints of lychee and coconut that smells so fresh and not overpowering in the slightest.

I watched To All The Boys I've Loved Before on Netflix *multiple times* this month and I enjoyed every second of it. I am a sucker for a rom-com. This movie was not overly cheesy which was so refreshing. From watching the film so closely, I took away the underlying message of not being afraid of intimately connecting with another person. Evidently, in the end I think we can all bond over the fact that we want our own Peter K.

I always love a good groove and finding new music. That being said, I have developed an immediate obsession with Bazzi's music. I have had his album 'Cosmic' on repeat these last few weeks, specifically '3:15' and 'Mine'.

The month ended on a high, seeing Pink on her Beautiful Trauma Tour for my mum's birthday. The production was insane, dancers were incredible and of course I partied like no tomorrow. Currently experiencing an expected case of post concern depression - typical. Also, hysterically laughing over my mums singing voice caught on tape.

I am excited for a fresh start and to say goodbye to those winter blues as we move into a new season. I have a feeling this is going to be a good month.

Love Always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment