August 20, 2014

Review: Maybelline Matte Maker Powder

Priceline were having 50% off Maybelline cosmetics so I thought i'd pick up this product and give it a try. Nothing compares to my 'Rimmel Stay Matte Powder' but I decided to give this a go.



First off, I have oily skin, especially in my T-Zone so I like a matte finish. This powder is matte so it ticks that box. The product comes in a typical pressed powder package. It's round with a screw off lid. Personally, I dislike the packing because I would prefer a standard lift up opening as it's more practical. The quality of the packing is not as sturdy as I hoped because when my mum purchased this powder it broke soon as she opened it. It also does not come with a mirror or standard powder puff.


However, the product itself is a lovely, buttery texture and is lightweight. It does mattify the skin without looking caked up. It's not as long wearing as I hoped but it's great for touching up make up. I was disappointed in the colour range as there was only 3 to choose from. I chose "Classic Ivory" as it was the lightest shade and the others were too dark. There were also no testers in store. This shade however is quite light for me so I don't apply a lot of it. In terms of coverage it's sheer but makes your face look flawless. 


Overall, I think this is a great product even though the packing is not as amazing and practical. For the price I would recommend giving it a try for yourself and see if it suits your skin type. It may be your favourite powder.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment